Registration process for events is now optimized with only one step. Your site users now no longer have to go through many steps.
As you fill in your information, payment fields will be automatically loaded. For example, when you enter number of ticket, it will display attender fields for yo to fill in. Then when you select event packages, the payment method and total price will be loaded. This way both admin and users can easily control the billing information they entered.
2. New Add Event in frontend view
As you can see, Add Event form is changed with new arrangement as well as display new event options for event owner.
3. Early Bird Pricing
This feature allows you to set your event’s discount based on the day users buy event’s ticket before event’s start date. For example, you can set discount 20% for users if they buy ticket 15 days before event’s date or 10% discount for buying ticket 10 days before event’s date.
- Title: Put a name of your discount type or description here.
- Discount: Enter number - the amount of discount.
- Discount type: If you select Amount, it will discount by the currency unit you have (i.e.: 5$, 10$, 15$, 20$). If you select Percent, it will discount by percent of the total ticket’s price (i.e.: discount 10%, 15%, etc).
- Registration before (days): Enter number of day for your discount’s type. I.e.: discount 10$ for registration before 30 days.
4. Waiting List
This feature enables event creator to create a Waiting List for event. Waiting List is a list of certain number of people queuing for an event which is full. If there is any attendee who cancels their booking, user in waiting list will replace that attendee’s booking.
With this feature, you can allow users when registering event to pre-pay certain amount of fee for your event.
Similar to discount of Early Bird Pricing, you can choose Deposit by Amount or Percent here.
6. Event’s comment with Jcomment plugin
Now you can configure to enable users to comment your event with Facebook or with a comment form:
7. New payment gateways added
In version 5.0.0, we have two new payment gateways: iDEAL and eWay.
8. Multi-price ticket
This feature allows event’s owner to create different types of ticket’s price and allow users to select (with tick-box) different ticket’s prices at the same time.
- Sponsoring event
- Blog layouts: All events blog, category blog...
Other major changes
- Change backend’s interface for easier use and setting: all options are grouped and displayed with icon in Event Management. The slidedown list makes it easier to move from each admin section.
+ Rewrite custom fields: allow to add, delete, and edit fields for billing and attender’s information. Admin can flexibly edit or delete default fields as they wish to fully control their event site.
+ Rewrite email’s setting and currency’s function: email function is updated - admin can create many email templates at the same time and switch default template as they want. Admin can also choose to edit and change default currency for their event site.
- Rewrite Repeat event’s function: before this change, repeat events are created as different events. Now, repeat events are treated as one event so it will be easier to control these events.
Lastly, please NOTICE that:
Events Booking Pro version 5.0.0 was created and changed core database – so this is not a “update” version. When you install this version, you will install a totally new Events Booking Pro. You don’t have to uninstall the Events Booking version you’re using, but when you install this new version, it will work as a different component from the old version on your site. In short, installing Events Booking Pro version 5.0.0 to your site which is running Events Booking Pro’s older version is ok, but the two components will work separately as two different components.
Please take note of this so you can decide to use Events Booking Pro version 5.0.0 correctly.
Now, please freely enjoy and explore Events Booking Pro!
* We listen to every customer’s opinion and always try to make an extension totally for the sake of Joomla users. So please drop us your comment or any new feature you wish to have in events Booking Pro in our Forum.